After trying a few shades from Burberry's lipstick line and falling in love with the formula, I decided to purchase more from Saks.
Burberry Kisses Lipstick Hydrating Lip Colour ($33 for 0.11oz/3.3g) - The packaging is very lux and comes with a magnetic closure. The lighter shades provide buildable, sheer to medium coverage, while the darker colors can provide up to full coverage without looking cakey or causing my lips to peel. The formula is very comfortable to wear, feels very hydrating, is fragrance-free & tasteless. They also leave a satin finish without looking too glossy or too matte and don't contain any shimmers. As for longevity, they last about 4 hours on my lips and leave behind a natural looking stain. (I drank through a straw and did not eat while I was wearing the lipstick.)
- No.29 Blossom Pink is a baby pink.
- No.05 Nude Pink is a soft pink that does not make me look ashy at all. Compared to the other shades, Blossom Pink and Nude Pink are the only ones that require me to exfoliate well before applying to prevent emphasizing dry, flakey patches on my lips. I also find myself re-applying more often as the shades are lighter compared to the other shades from their line.
- No.09 Tulip Pink is a pink with a hint of peach.
- No.17 English Rose is a light pink brown. It's a perfect everyday shade that looks like my lips but better and with a touch of pink. It's my favorite shade from this collection. No.33 Rose Pink (swatches) is more blue-based.
- No.37 Pink Peony is a watermelon shade.
- No.21 Nude is a light brown. This is another very wearable nude that doesn't make my lips look pale or washed out.
- No.77 Blush is a bright pink rosewood.
- No.85 Sepia is a rosewood shade. It's slightly darker than Blush and applies more like a lipstick. It also has the best lasting power of the bunch.
|Burberry Free Gift with $200 Purchase at Saks|
During this haul, I also received a free Burberry Mini Lipstick (0.02oz) in Military Red and Fresh Glow Fluid Base (5ml/0.17oz) in Nude Radiance in a signature makeup pouch (8.75in x 2.75in x 6in). The body material is made of 100% polyurethane, while the lining is made of 100% polyester. The pouch actually feels like rubber and is very spacious. I was able to fit all the lipsticks in there plus 4 powder compacts.
Burberry Lip Velvet Matte Lipstick (full size retails $34 for 0.12oz) - This formula provides bold, full coverage with one stroke and applies smoothly onto the lips. It leaves a creamy, soft matte finish and has excellent long-lasting power. I ate a bowl of noodles & drank soup, and didn't have to re-apply the lipstick or touch-up afterwards. It's one of the best matte lipsticks that I've tried. I especially like that it doesn't dry out my lips further and actually feels very comfortable to wear even for someone like me who has extremely dry lips. It's also scented with the same floral fragrance that they use for their blush.
- No.429 Military Red is a classic red.
Bottom Line: The Burberry Lip Velvet lipsticks are ideal for those who want bold, full coverage, while the Kisses formula is ideal for those want more coverage than a lip balm, but less than the Lip Velvet lipsticks. Both formulas deliver color without compromising hydration.
This post contains affiliate links. None of the products mentioned are sponsored.