I've never purchased any beauty box subscriptions because they usually send out only samples and mostly skincare products. I do like trying a sample of a product before buying the full size, but It's difficult to assess a skincare product when you only get one or two uses out of it. Moreover, I can get samples at Sephora or a department store for free.
GlossyBox costs $21 each month (with free shipping) and it's more expensive compared to other beauty box subscriptions, but they provide 5 travel-size products from well-known beauty brands, including Burberry, Illamasqua, Ole Henriksen, Zoya, Missha, and many more. You are actually getting more bang for your buck. I've calculated the value of the August and September box and each of them was worth more than $21.
GlossyBox USA August 2012
GlossyBox USA August 2012 ($92.90 Total Value):
- Touch In Sol Feel Like Honey Moon Skin Base 1.06oz ($18.76) - The full size costs $20/1.13oz. It's a primer that preps the skin before the application of foundation. It has a gel texture that feels super lightweight and thins out to a watery texture once I start blending it. Also, it quickly absorbs into my skin. It doesn't leave a sticky finish at all, even though it looks thick and sticky in the tube.
- Ellis Faas Milky Lips in Burnt Orange L204 0.095oz ($35.00) - I received the full size! It has a creamy texture and excellent pigmentation without any scent or flavor to it.
- Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Taint 0.5oz ($14.00) - I received the full size! It's a dark greyish brown with a matte finish and it has an opaque finish with 2 coats. This is definitely one of my go-to colors for the fall.
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum 0.5oz ($24.00) - The full size costs $48/1oz. There's actually enough product in the travel size for me to decide if I like it enough to buy the full size. It has a citrus scent to it and quickly absorbs into my skin without feeling sticky. I have been using this as a serum right before applying my moisturizer. I've noticed that I have gotten less dry patches on my skin when I wake up the next morning.
- Biolage Exquisite Oil Replenishing Treatment 0.16oz ($1.14) - The full size costs $22/3.1oz. I have been using this on the ends of my hair because they're a little bit dry. The serum makes my ends look more healthy.
GlossyBox USA September 2012
GlossyBox USA September 2012 (at least a $56.99 value):
- Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water 3.38oz ($13.00) - I received the full size! I use this to clean the fallouts underneath my eye. It makes my skin feel refreshed and it doesn't leave an oily residue.
- GKHair Balancing Conditioner - The GlossyBox card says that the GKHair Moisturizing Conditioner is $20/10.1oz. I received the Balancing Conditioner and couldn't find the retail price on GK's website. On Drugstore.com, it says that the product is $18/10.1oz. I also don't know the value of the travel size because it doesn't say how much product it contains. The conditioner leaves my hair non-greasy and manageable. Keep in mind, I only use conditioner on the middle part and the end of my hair. Also, I haven't chemically processed my hair for about 2 years, so it's pretty healthy. However, my scalp gets greasy if I don't wash it every other day and my ends are a little bit dry. Moisturizing conditioners usually leave my hair greasy, while the deep cleansing ones leave my hair unmanageable. The GK one leaves my hair "balanced."
- Kryolan for Glossybox Moisture Rich Lipstick in Glossy Pink 0.14oz ($14.00) - I received the full size! This is a midtone rosy pink shade that's neither too bright nor too dark.
- GKHair Balancing Shampoo - The GlossyBox card says that the GKHair Moisturizing Shampoo is $20/10.1oz. I received the Balancing Shampoo and couldn't find the retail price on GK's website. On Drugstore.com, it says that the product is $18/10.1oz. I also don't know the value of the travel size because it doesn't say how much product it contains. The shampoo is too moisturizing for my hair, but this would be more ideal for those with damaged, fried and overly processed hair.
- Missha M Perfect BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++ in No.31 Golden Beige 1.69oz ($29.99) - I received the full size! I'm about an NC35/37, MUFE HD 128 and Dior Forever 31 right now and unfortunately, Golden Beige is too dark for me. I'm going to have to mix this with a lighter foundation.
*This post contains affiliate links and the products mentioned were provided by GlossyBox for consideration. This does not affect my opinion about the products. I don't do paid or guaranteed reviews. My reviews are based on my own honest opinion. Also, the giveaway is sponsored by GlossyBox.