(GlossyBox USA January 2013)
OPI Liquid Sand in Can't Let Go
Left: One Coat
Right: Two Coats
GlossyBox USA January 2013 ($77.21 Total Value):
1. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara .1oz ($9.26) - The full size costs $25/.27oz. The applicator is made of non-plastic/rubber bristles, which separates and volumizes my lashes really well. However, because the formula is on the wet side, it doesn't hold my curl as well and makes my lashes droop downwards. Also, because it's not waterproof, it smudges throughout the day and leaves traces of mascara below my waterline. Keep in mind that all non-waterproof mascaras does this to me. Since I really like the brush head and how well it darkens, separates and volumizes my lashes, I will definitely try the waterproof version.
2. Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum .17oz ($5.95) - The full size costs $35/1oz. It has a strong scent, which reminds me of produce and the "farmer's market." The scent is not offensive and it personally doesn't bother me because it quickly dissipates within minutes of application. As for performance, I find that it doesn't completely mattifies my face to the point where I look lifeless. It removes excess shine, but still leaves my face looking natural. At the same time, it makes my skin feel hydrated and it doesn't make it look greasy. Overall, I like using it as a primer to prep my skin before foundation application because it makes my skin feel fresh and clean.
3. Le Metier De Beaute Replenishing Daily Solution .1oz ($19.23) - The full size costs $225/1.17oz!!! The formula is very thick and creamy, but it spreads easily and sinks into the skin quickly. It has a strong scent to it, but dissipates within minutes of application. It's very hydrating without feeling greasy, but it broke me out. However, I find that it works wonders on extremely dry and rough areas, such as my feet, knees, and elbows and it doesn't break me out there, but the $225 price tag is scaring me away.
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco-Glucoside, Tocopheryl Phosphate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Oil, Squalane, Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Lauryl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Butylene Glycol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Algae Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Serine, Urea, Sorbitol, Sodium Chloride, Allantoin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Oil, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, o-Cymen-5-ol, thylhexylglycerin, Red 4 (CI 14700).
4. Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau de Toilette Spray 0.03oz ($1.44) - The full size costs $77/1.6oz. I am absolutely in love with this perfume. It has a very feminine, sophisticated and classy smell to it. Definitely getting the full size asap! For reference, I love Dior J'Adore, Donna Karan Cashmere Mist, Britney Spears Curious, and Bath & Body Works Magnolia Blossom.
5. OPI Liquid Sand Nail Lacquer in Can't Let Go .5oz ($9) - I received the full size! The swatch pictures are kind of deceiving because the bright daylight washes the color out. In person, the nail polish looks beautiful even with only one coat. Also, it applies evenly & effortlessly and leaves a matte finish with shimmers & sparkles. The only thing that may turn some people off is that when you look upclose in bright daylight, the nail polish looks very chunky and thick, but the base color is just so irresistible and gorgeous.
6. Sebastian Professional Potion 9 1.7oz ($6.33) - The full size costs $19/5.1oz. I love using this on the ends of my hair to bring back some life to it. It makes my ends look healthy and not dry. I also use it after I straighten my hair to add texture and to make it look less flat.
7. Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12-hour Lipstick in Fierce .07oz ($26) - I received the full size! My lips are extremely chapped and lipsticks tend to emphasize the dryness and flakiness. I can't believe that I finally found a lipstick that's hydrating, pigmented and long-lasting. It glides on smoothly and applies evenly without making my lips peel. Also, it's super pigmented and it stains the lips in a good way. No matter how many times I lick my lips, the lipstick stays put. I can't wait to try their other shades!
(GlossyBox USA February 2013)
GlossyBox USA February 2013 ($45.96 Total Value):
1. BLVGARI Eau Parfumee Au The Blanc Soap 1.76oz ($9.96) - The full size costs $30/5.3oz It lathers nicely with a loofah and smells amazing. It has a very strong perfume-y scent to it and it lingers on my skin after the shower.
2. Da Vinci Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in 03 Champagne 0.6oz ($15.00) - I received the full size! I The swatch picture is taken without a primer. When worn over a primer, it's super pigmented and looks like a shimmery light golden champagne with a gorgeous metallic finish. It applies evenly with minor fallouts during application like most pigments. Also, It lasts at least 8 hours without fading. I love wearing it as an all-over-the-lid shade and it's so easy to pair with all sorts of shades.
3. Lisi Sheer Sparkle in 08 Battery Park .31oz ($7.00) - I received the full size! It has a hint of a cherry scent to it. but it's barely detectable. It's sheer and doesn't add any color to the lips. I can see very tiny sparkles in the tube, but thank goodness they don't transfer onto my lips. It just leaves my lips looking very glossy without the glittery mess.
4. Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Hydro Gel Mask .98oz ($6) - I received the full size! The mask feels very slippery and slimey, but refreshing at the same time. I left it on for 30 minutes and it left my skin feeling clean and hydrated. This is a great way to pamper myself after a stressful week.
5. Nail Rock Nail Wraps Full Set ($8) - I received the full size! In my November GlossyBox, I received the Incoco Nail Polish Applique and I prefer that one much better because it was so much easier to apply. The Nail Rock strips don't fit or stick as well and are just overall more difficult to apply.
*This post contains affiliate links and the products mentioned were provided by GlossyBox for consideration. This does not affect my opinion about the products. I don't do paid or guaranteed reviews. My reviews are based on my own honest opinion.